Lips of varying shades and colors are a natural occurrence, but hyper-pigmentation may cause cosmetic and health problems. Because of this, finding the root of the problem and then pursuing effective therapies to lighten dark lips is crucial.
Instead of using chemical treatments or pharmaceuticals, most people find that using natural and organic remedies is all that’s needed to get rid of this discoloration for good. If your lips have become too dark, continue reading to discover how to naturally lighten them. Proceeded!
If you’re wondering why your lips are always so dark, this should help.
Some of the following may contribute to dark lip color:
- Pigmentation, or darkening of the skin, is the result of an increase in melanin synthesis in response to prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Smoker’s melanosis is a kind of hyper-pigmentation brought on by prolonged tobacco usage.
- Hyper-pigmentation of the lips may also be brought on by an adverse reaction to cosmetics like lipstick or toothpaste.
- Medical treatments for illnesses including Laugier-Hunziker syndrome and Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, as well as posttraumatic pigmentation, may darken the appearance of your lips.
Natural Remedies to Lighten Dark Lips
#1 Coconut Oil
Oil extracted from the coconut fruit has lubricating and hydrating qualities. Lips often get dry and darker as a result of skin dryness, however these characteristics may help maintain them supple and comfortable.
How to Fix It: Smear some pure coconut oil on your index finger and apply it on your lips. Let it air dry. As much as twice a day is OK.
#2 Lemon and honey
It is well knowledge that citrus fruits like lemons may help brighten skin tone. Lips may be lightened and suppled with the use of lemons and honey.
The solution is to mix a spoonful of honey with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Get it all mixed up and on your lips. Wash it off with water after it has been on for around fifteen to twenty minutes. As much as once a day is fine for you.
Be warned that lemon juice might irritate the skin. Prior to using this treatment, it is recommended that a patch test be performed.
#3 Aloe Vera
The depigmenting chemical aloin is found in aloe Vera. Possible benefit for reducing lip discoloration.
A half teaspoon of freshly extracted aloe Vera gel may be applied to the lips. Just use water to rinse. As much as twice a day is OK.
#4 Cucumber Juice
Cucumbers contain silica and antioxidant compounds. It’s possible that these substances might help lighten dark skin and reduce pigmentation.
Here’s what you can do: grate a couple thin slices of cucumber. For best results, keep the paste on your lips for at least 15 minutes. Using water, rinse. As much as twice a day is OK.
An important component of turmeric is called curcumin. Possible role in preventing melanin production (the formation of melanin). The result is perhaps lighter lips.
This is what you can do: To make a paste, combine a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a little amount of water and stir until smooth. Rub this paste into your lips and wait for it to dry. Using water, rinse. Each day, you need only do this once.
An allergy to turmeric has been reported after direct skin contact. If you are allergic, it might cause a rash to appear on your skin. So, before trying this treatment, make sure it’s safe to do so using a patch test.
#6 Sesame Oil
Sesamol, an active lignan present in sesame oil, was discovered in animal experiments to prevent the formation of melanin. As a result, it’s possible that sesame oil may brighten dark lips as well.
The solution is to apply sesame oil to the lips and let it sit till it dries. When you feel it’s required, you may add more oil. There’s no harm in doing this twice or even thrice a day.
Keep in mind that some people have severe reactions to sesame oil after even touching it on their skin. Therefore, you should do a patch test.
#7 The Pomegranate
Tyrosinase activity and melanin formation were reported to be reduced by pomegranate extracts . These properties have the potential to brighten dark lips over time.
What You Can Do: Make a paste with a teaspoon of pomegranate powder and water. Apply this paste to your lips and let it aside to dry. Rinse with clean water. For optimal results, repeat this procedure 1-2 times every day.
Please be aware that some individuals may have an adverse response to pomegranate powder, which may manifest as skin irritation or rashes. Therefore, you should do a patch test.
Solutions to Discoloration of the Lips
- Lasers are a typical method of therapy for dark lips. Extreme negative reactions to laser therapy are uncommon.
- Dark lips may be lightened with chemical treatments as well. Hydroquinone and kojic acid, both of which may block the tyrosinase enzyme, are often used in these treatments.
- Blocking melanin synthesis is a further therapeutic strategy. Unfortunately, many of these may have unwanted consequences (increased sun sensitivity, flaking skin, or an uneven skin tone).
Precautions to Take
- Regular exfoliation of the lips is recommended.
- You should maintain your body’s water balance by drinking plenty of fluids everyday.
- Apply an SPF 40 or higher lip balm.
- Avoid using cheap lip gloss.
- Do not use any items to which you are allergic.
- Sucking on your lips too often might cause them to become cracked and dry.
Lip hyper-pigmentation may make lips seem darker than they really are. Lips that are too black may be the result of excessive smoking, sun exposure, medical issues, or an allergic response to the chemicals in cosmetic items. Getting rid of black lips may be done using any number of all-natural methods. Some common components that are helpful in minimizing hyper-pigmentation and nourishing your lips are coconut oil, aloe vera, cucumber juice, a mixture of lemon and honey, pomegranate powder, and turmeric. The use of lasers and chemicals are examples of conventional approaches. Staying hydrated, avoiding lip products with low-quality or harsh chemicals, regularly exfoliating your lips, and using a balm with a minimum SPF rating of 40 are all great ways to prevent hyper-pigmentation of the lips.
If you loved this List On How To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally In 1 WEEK, please share it on Pinterest!